Small pieces of gelatin give this old-fashioned salad a mosaic look. I like the fact that I don't need a special mold to make it. Serve this as a salad or dessert.—Suzy Horvath, Sheridan, Oregon
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 3-3/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Pour into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set.
- Repeat with lime and orange gelatin, using separate 8-in. square dishes for each.
- In a large bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin and sugar in remaining boiling water; stir in lemonade. Cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the cherry, lime and orange gelatin into 1/2-in. cubes. Fold into lemon gelatin mixture. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Broken Glass Gelatin in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p49
Reviews for Whipped Cream Gelatin Mosaic
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2012
"Great treat for kids party!! It tasted amazing as well"