Whipped Cream Biscuits
Since there is no shortening to cut in, these light, airy biscuits are quick and easy to make. Time the baking so that they're out of the oven when you sit down to eat.
-Linda Murrow, Aurora, Colorado
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in cream.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll to 3/4-in.
- thickness; cut with a 2-1/4-in. round biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 5 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.