Whipped Chocolate Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Whipped Chocolate Dessert
Sort By :
I have made it for a few potlucks... the last one it never made it to the general public.
Very easy to make. Everyone who has tried it loves it! So tasty.
We renamed this as "heaven". It is so delicious. I make it frequently. When I made it for my husband's office, he got so many requests for the recipe! They LOVED it too.
This is a wonderful summer desert
I've made this many times & always get rave reviews. I think it tastes like an Oreo cookie, but so wonderfully creamy.