This dessert makes a cool and delicious treat on a warm summer day. I bake a tender crust from a cake mix, then layer it with a cream cheese blend, chocolate pudding and whipped topping.—Pam Reddell, Linden, Wisconsin
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate curls
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly. Add egg and mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping. Carefully spread over the crust; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cream Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p47
Reviews for Whipped Chocolate Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review