Whipped Chocolate and Cherry Pie Recipe
“We have a large family and they like trying all the cakes and pies I make. This wonderful pie is one of their favorites, so I make it about six times a year.” Bonnie Phillips - Cedar Hill, Missouri
- 11 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 piece (3 ounces) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely.
- 2. Fold 3/4 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Top with pie filling and remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 416 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC