Whipped Chocolate and Cherry Pie Recipe
- 11 large marshmallows
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 piece (3 ounces) milk chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (10 inches)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chocolate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool completely.
- 2. Fold 3/4 cup whipped topping into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Top with pie filling and remaining whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 416 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Whipped Chocolate and Cherry Pie
"I make this several times a year and every Thanksgiving I make one just for my husband's uncle to take home...it's his favorite!"
"I make this every year! so easy and everyone loves it!"
"I used a keebler 2 extra serving graham cracker crust and spread hot fudge topping on the bottom of crust before adding the chocolate mixture. I also used a 6 oz Hersey bar. Tuned out great."
"This pie was delicious. I think I'll make it for a second time tomorrow."
"I made this pie though my husband doesn't care for cherry pie, but it's my favorite. I used a chocolate graham crust and semi sweet chocolate chip and mini hersey milk chocolate bars. I love the chocolate portion and made more sauce(no cool whip) to use with a pound cake. This pie is good but I didn't think the pie filling added enough flavor or sweetness. My husband liked it but picked out a few of the cherries. I would try this again without the cherries.I can't think of another pie filling to use, maybe a fresh fruit or nut layer would be good."
"Very easy and very good pie.Loved by all."
"Elaine made this Christmas Eve of 2008 at her house in Bella Vista. Delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.