Need a low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes? This five-ingredient dish from our Test Kitchen has a mild cauliflower flavor with a smooth creamy texture.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in.
- of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- tender. Cool slightly.
- Place the milk and oil in a blender. Add the cauliflower, salt and
- pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.