Whipped Carrots with Cranberries Recipe
Margie Haen of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin sends her special dish with an obvious fall feel. The buttery texture and sweetness of cranberries and brown sugar make this a great addition to Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1 pound sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Place 2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place carrots in a food processor; add the butter, brown sugar, ginger and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield: 4 servings.
1/3 cup equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC