Whipped Carrots with Cranberries Recipe
- 1 pound sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Place 2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place carrots in a food processor; add the butter, brown sugar, ginger and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield: 4 servings.
1/3 cup equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Whipped Carrots with Cranberries
"This is soooo yummy!!! It is sweet and the perfect texture! I actually like it better than sweet potatoes! Try this!!"