Whipped Carrots with Cranberries Recipe
- 1 pound sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Place 2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Place carrots in a food processor; add the butter, brown sugar, ginger and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield: 4 servings.
1/3 cup: 158 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Whipped Carrots with Cranberries
"This is soooo yummy!!! It is sweet and the perfect texture! I actually like it better than sweet potatoes! Try this!!"