Whipped Carrots with Cranberries
Margie Haen of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin sends her special dish with an obvious fall feel. The buttery texture and sweetness of cranberries and brown sugar make this a great addition to Thanksgiving turkey.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Place 2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- Place carrots in a food processor; add the butter, brown sugar,
- ginger and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a
- serving bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.