Margie Haen of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin sends her special dish with an obvious fall feel. The buttery texture and sweetness of cranberries and brown sugar make this a great addition to Thanksgiving turkey.
Recommended: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
- 1 pound sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Place 2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place carrots in a food processor; add the butter, brown sugar, ginger and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Whipped Carrots with Cranberries in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p31
Reviews for Whipped Carrots with Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2010
"This is soooo yummy!!! It is sweet and the perfect texture! I actually like it better than sweet potatoes! Try this!!"