Margie Haen of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin sends her special dish with an obvious fall feel. The buttery texture and sweetness of cranberries and brown sugar make this a great addition to Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1 pound sliced fresh carrots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Place 2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place carrots in a food processor; add the butter, brown sugar, ginger and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Whipped Carrots with Cranberries in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p31
Reviews for Whipped Carrots with Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2010
"This is soooo yummy!!! It is sweet and the perfect texture! I actually like it better than sweet potatoes! Try this!!"