Whipped Carrot Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place cream cheese in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add dissolved gelatin; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in pineapple and carrots; fold in whipped topping. Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.