"Carrots and pineapple give this fluffy gelatin salad its refreshing taste," says Jean Smith of Crossville, Tennessee. "A friend gave me the recipe. I serve this side dish often, whether I'm entertaining guests or my family. Lovely and light, it's perfect with almost any menu."
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place cream cheese in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add dissolved gelatin; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in pineapple and carrots; fold in whipped topping. Pour into a serving bowl. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Whipped Carrot Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p56
Reviews for Whipped Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review