"Whether I take this creamy banana dessert to work, church or family get-to-gethers, I'm always asked for the recipe," says Angel Hall. The Grayville, Illinois baker relies on bananas, instant pudding mix and whipped topping to make the refreshing treat.
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Toss bananas with lemon juice; drain well and set aside. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the sour cream and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in banana and whipped topping. Pour into prepared crust. Chill for up to 6 hours. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Banana Cream Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Whipped Banana Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
"crust stuck to bottom of pan dint set well wont make again throw recipe away"