Whipped Autumn Vegetables Recipe
“This puts my sweet potato crop to delicious use. I've substituted butternut squash for the sweet potatoes with equally yummy results." Undertones of apple make this mildly sweet, creamy dish stand out. Kathy Rairigh - Milford, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 large)
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes, parsnips and apricots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring apple cider to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 3. Drain vegetable mixture; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, salt, pepper and reduced cider. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Yield: 9 servings.
1/2 cup equals 159 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC