Whipped Autumn Vegetables Recipe
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 large)
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes, parsnips and apricots in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring apple cider to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 3. Drain vegetable mixture; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor. Add the butter, salt, pepper and reduced cider. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Yield: 9 servings.
1/2 cup: 159 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Whipped Autumn Vegetables
"I also added some leftover canned pumpkin I had (about 1/2 can). I forgot to mention that in the review below!"
"Made this the first time and it was good, but I didn't love it. I didn't like how much the apricot flavor permeated the whole recipe. The 2nd time around, I used 1 lg sweet potato, 1lb parsnips, 1 lb carrots, and 1 small onion. Then, I forgot to reduce the cider, so I subbed with 1/4 cup apple butter. I also sprinkled some nutmeg into the whole mixture before I pureed. I liked it A LOT with the substitutions. I imagine you could sub in other things too- so it's a good recipe in my book!"
"sounds delicious cant wait to try this"
"This is sooooooo! good :)"