Where's the Squash Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large zucchini (about 1 pound), shredded
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook the beef, zucchini and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Place tomatoes in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Add the water, tomato paste, parsley and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange three noodles over sauce. Spread with a third of the meat sauce; top with half of the ricotta cheese. Sprinkle with a third of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and cheeses.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 309 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Where's the Squash Lasagna
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.