Wheat Yeast rolls Recipe
These rolls are light and have a delicate flavor. They're inexpensive and delicious!—Peggy Starkweather, Gardiner, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch down; divide into 12 pieces. Shape into rolls; place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
One roll equals 175 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC