- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the oil, sugar, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down; divide into 12 pieces. Shape into rolls; place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Wheat Yeast rolls
Sort By :
"These rolls were easy to make for an inexperienced bread baker and they were great! I will definitely make them again. I will probably make smaller rolls and get more than a dozen from the dough."
"So good I thought I went to a bakery and bought them"
"These rolls sound delicious,quick and easy but when I am baking yeast breads/rolls I am definitely going to make a larger quantity. I will try them as a quicky recipe."
"It was yummy, my family enjoy them very much. I served them with honey butter."