Wheat Waffles Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another small bowl, beat egg yolk, milk, oil and orange juice. Combine flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and salt; stir into milk mixture. Fold in egg white.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 5 waffles.
Reviews for Wheat Waffles
Sort By :
We make this every time we have waffles because they are so good and healthy as well!
I love the fact that I can use all whole wheat flour in this recipe and the waffles turn out fluffy and delicious every time. I don't usually have grated orange peel on hand, so I have never used that in the recipe, but they are amazing without it. There is one more thing I will mention: I never seem to be able to get five waffles out of this recipe. Usually it is only about three.
Turned out perfectly in my Toastmaster Belgian waffle maker. Yum yum yum!
I have a very picky 4 year old, a heath nut 6 year old so it is hard trying to find something that they both like. This won them both over! They LOVED it!!
This was the first recipe I tried with my new waffle iron and they turned out light and fluffy, not to mention delicious! I even froze the leftover waffles.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >