Wheat Pancake Mix Recipe
"Spending a day making mixes like this one leaves me extra time to play with our girls or help them with homework," comments Connie Fox of Tampico, Illinois. The simple blend of ingredients produces moist fluffy pancakes with a hearty wheat taste.
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (FOR EACH BATCH OF PANCAKES) :
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 17-3/4 cups (about 6 batches).
- 2. To prepare pancakes: Place 2-3/4 cups mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 17-3/4 cups (about 6 batches).
3 each: 427 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Wheat Pancake Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC