Wheat Pancake Mix Recipe
"Spending a day making mixes like this one leaves me extra time to play with our girls or help them with homework," comments Connie Fox of Tampico, Illinois. The simple blend of ingredients produces moist fluffy pancakes with a hearty wheat taste.
- 6 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (FOR EACH BATCH OF PANCAKES) :
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 17-3/4 cups (about 6 batches).
- To prepare pancakes: Place 2-3/4 cups mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 17-3/4 cups (about 6 batches).
Originally published as Wheat Pancake Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p47
Reviews for Wheat Pancake Mix(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review