Wheat Pancake Mix Recipe
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (FOR EACH BATCH OF PANCAKES) :
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 17-3/4 cups (about 6 batches).
- To prepare pancakes: Place 2-3/4 cups mix in a large bowl. Combine the egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 17-3/4 cups (about 6 batches).
Originally published as Wheat Pancake Mix in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p47
Reviews for Wheat Pancake Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review