Wheat Biscuits Recipe
I'VE HAD this recipe in my file for a long time. I love cooking and baking and am always creating something new by experimenting with recipes. I thought the substitution of whole wheat flour gave these biscuits a little different taste. -Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC