I'VE HAD this recipe in my file for a long time. I love cooking and baking and am always creating something new by experimenting with recipes. I thought the substitution of whole wheat flour gave these biscuits a little different taste. -Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Biscuits in Reminisce Extra April 2000, p45
Reviews for Wheat Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review