- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 biscuits.
Originally published as Whole Wheat Biscuits in Reminisce Extra April 2000, p45
Reviews for Wheat Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2009
"This recipe looks sooo easy. Only problem is it's not whole wheat biscuits since white flour is included...in order to be whole wheat breads, rolls or biscuits no white flour should be included. Whole wheat means 100% wheat flour."