Wheat Berry Salad with Artichokes and Cranberries Recipe
Every year at Christmastime, I serve this hearty and colorful salad. If you like, prepare it ahead of time--just remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups wheat berries
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add wheat berries and 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 55-60 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine wheat berries and 1/2 cup Italian dressing. Cool.
- Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, cranberries, green and ripe olives, capers and basil. Pour remaining dressing over top; toss to coat. Season with pepper and remaining salt. Top with blue cheese. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Wheat Berry Salad with Artichokes and Cranberries in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Wheat Berry Salad with Artichokes and Cranberries(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review