- 1-1/2 cups wheat berries
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place wheat berries in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries, celery, walnuts, cherries, parsley and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wheat Berry Salad in Country Woman February/March 2012, p43
Reviews for Wheat Berry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review