Western-Style Beef and Beans Recipe
This hearty, crowd-pleasing dish is a comforting meal on a chilly night with bread and a salad. It also makes a delicious side dish. It doesn't take long to make but tastes like it simmered all day. —Jolene Lopez, Wichita, Kansas
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans with molasses
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onions and celery until meat is no longer pink; drain. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into beef mixture. Add the beans, ketchup, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until bubbly; stir. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 405 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,777 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Western-Style Beef and Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC