Western-Style Beef and Beans Recipe
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans with molasses
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onions and celery until meat is no longer pink; drain. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into beef mixture. Add the beans, ketchup, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until bubbly; stir. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Western-Style Beef and Beans(8)
Sort By :
A tradition at potlucks
Great for Potluck or even Happy hour when you have food
I make this recipe often - sometimes as a main dish, but by reducing the amount of beef and liquid, I can turn it into a side dish for picnics as well.
We love this and it's also a great way to recycle left over meat loaf. I make half the recipe for the 4 children when we are having chili.
I love this recipe. I usually cut the amount of ground beef in half and reduce the bouillon and water so it's more like a side dish than a main meal.