While visiting my cousin in Wyoming, we threw together this dish at the last minute. It was such a hit we quickly wrote down the ingredients so we could make it for years to come.Kathleen Lutz, Steward, Illinois
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti or vermicelli, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, chili, tomatoes,
- ketchup, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until
- cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in spaghetti. Cover
- and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 266 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.