- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti or vermicelli, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, chili, tomatoes, ketchup, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in spaghetti. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Western Spaghetti in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p234
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Western Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2010
"Haven't made this yet but sounds great. Will probably use diced canned tomatoes for stewed. Will go over well for Bingo."