Western Omelet Sandwich
I created this recipe for my 15-year-old son, who has a ravenous appetite. He couldn't believe I was able to fill his plate so quickly. It's a simple combination of ingredients that imparts the best of flavors.
-Jackie Kelly, Maple Shade, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in ham and parsley. Whisk the
- eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should
- set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set; cut into wedges.
- Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon remaining butter. Serve
- omelet wedges on toast.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.