Western Omelet Sandwich Recipe
I created this recipe for my 15-year-old son, who has a ravenous appetite. He couldn't believe I was able to fill his plate so quickly. It's a simple combination of ingredients that imparts the best of flavors. -Jackie Kelly, Maple Shade, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in ham and parsley. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 2. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set; cut into wedges. Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon remaining butter. Serve omelet wedges on toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC