- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in ham and parsley. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set; cut into wedges. Spread each slice of toast with 1 teaspoon remaining butter. Serve omelet wedges on toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Western Omelet Sandwich in Reminisce Extra February 2001, p52
Reviews for Western Omelet Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review