- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound cubed fully cooked ham or 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of each of the following: potatoes, ham, onion, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low until set, 6-7 hours. Turn off slow cooker. Remove insert; let stand, uncovered, 15-30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Western Omelet Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p23
Reviews for Western Omelet Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2016
"Changed the recipe a bit. I accidentally doubled the cheese and baked it at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes til the knife comes out clean. Also added red pepper. Delicious!"