With baked beans, corn and green pepper, these juicy drumsticks are a meal by themselves. But I like to serve them with a green salad and fresh bread.
- 1 can (16 ounces) barbecue-flavored baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 chicken legs, skin removed
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine beans, corn, green pepper and ketchup; add chicken legs. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Western Drumsticks in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Western Drumsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2014
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2009
"I use a lot of Taste of Home recipes but will not use this one again. I added onions and browned the chicken slightly and it still lacked flavor."