Western Chili Casserole
I'm a student and my husband is a truck driver. With three children going in three different directions every day, easy yet scrumptious meals are a must in our household. This one-dish dinner fits the bill.Terri Mock, American Falls, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir
- in chili and 1/2 cup corn chips.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining chips
- around edge of dish; fill center with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.