I'm a student and my husband is a truck driver. With three children going in three different directions every day, easy yet scrumptious meals are a must in our household. This one-dish dinner fits the bill.—Terri Mock, American Falls, Idaho
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in chili and 1/2 cup corn chips.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining chips around edge of dish; fill center with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Western Chili Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p130
Reviews for Western Chili Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review