Western Chili Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed corn chips, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in chili and 1/2 cup corn chips.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle remaining chips around edge of dish; fill center with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Western Chili Casserole
Sort By :
This recipe is awesome. I found it in a casserole cookbook once, tried it out and loved it. It's a cheap dinner and if you the double the recipe you can feed anywhere between 6-8 people. It's an easy dinner to make, cheap and it still tastes great. It's also a dish perfect for summer or winter time.
This is my daughters favorite dish. Simple & tastey. Thanks for the recipe :)
Was so-so. If I make it again, I think I will add taco seasoning for more flavor.
I was looking something like I had as a child in Texas. This was it. However, I added taco seasoning to the beef, because I like spicy food.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >