"The broccoli, kidney beans, tomato and cheddar cheese give this colorful salad a unique flavor that's absolutely delicious," raves Carol Rumsey of Jacksonville, Florida.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a skillet; bring to a boil. Boil
- for 1 minute. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 3-4
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. In a serving bowl,
- toss the broccoli, tomato, beans, onion, cheese and salt. Drizzle
- with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 138 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 lean meat.