Western Broccoli Recipe
"The broccoli, kidney beans, tomato and cheddar cheese give this colorful salad a unique flavor that's absolutely delicious," raves Carol Rumsey of Jacksonville, Florida.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a skillet; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. In a serving bowl, toss the broccoli, tomato, beans, onion, cheese and salt. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Western Broccoli in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p17
Reviews for Western Broccoli(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2010
This is a nice change of pace from the usual sweet broccoli salad recipe. I use light ranch dressing instead of fat free.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >