- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- Place 1 in. of water and broccoli in a skillet; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. In a serving bowl, toss the broccoli, tomato, beans, onion, cheese and salt. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Western Broccoli
Sort By :
"It was a nice change from the usual side salad. I replaced the tomato with a cup of grape tomatoes and the fat free ranch dressing with light ranch dressing."
"This is a nice change of pace from the usual sweet broccoli salad recipe. I use light ranch dressing instead of fat free."