Western Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped tomato, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the beans, 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup tomato, salsa, garlic and chili powder in oil for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, gently mashing the beans while heating.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese and the cilantro. Transfer to a serving dish; top with the remaining cheese, onions and tomato. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 92 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Western Black Bean Dip
"I made this as a side dish for supper tonight. My husband and I loved it!"
"Since I was busy making dinner, my husband whipped up this dip. He's not much of a cook but it was really easy. And he loved it so much I had to rescue the half that he didn't eat!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.