- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped green onions, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped tomato, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the beans, 1/2 cup onions, 1/2 cup tomato, salsa, garlic and chili powder in oil for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, gently mashing the beans while heating.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in 3 tablespoons cheese and the cilantro. Transfer to a serving dish; top with the remaining cheese, onions and tomato. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Western Black Bean Dip in Country Woman March/April 2003, p36
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Western Black Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2012
"I made this as a side dish for supper tonight. My husband and I loved it!"