West Coast Chicken
We're far from the West Coast-but the orange and ginger in the sauce for this chicken give us a taste of that part of the country. And it's one we enjoy frequently...my family wouldn't mind if I served this dish a couple of times every week!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place chicken in
- a single layer in two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes; spoon
- sauce over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear, basting
- with sauce once with during cooking. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 439 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 41 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.