We're far from the West Coast-but the orange and ginger in the sauce for this chicken give us a taste of that part of the country. And it's one we enjoy frequently...my family wouldn't mind if I served this dish a couple of times every week!
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place chicken in a single layer in two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes; spoon sauce over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear, basting with sauce once with during cooking. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as West Coast Chicken in Country June/July 1990, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for West Coast Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review