- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place chicken in a single layer in two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes; spoon sauce over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear, basting with sauce once with during cooking. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for West Coast Chicken
"I used chicken legs instead of thighs and forgot to marinate it overnight. It marinated about 4 1/2 hours and I left it out of the refrigerator for 30 minutes. It seemed to pick up enough of the flavor during the time. It is a strange combo of flavors, but my family really enjoyed it!"
"i love this dishi've served this dish 3x it's amazing every1 i've made it for loves it"
"I marinated the chicken in a gallon-size resealable bag as kitzer recommended. This worked well. My family didn't care for the orange flavor although the recipe turned out well. It's just not for our tastes."
"Hey Jb did you actually make the dish or just hating it because of the recipe? If you did your rating only on the recipes salt content than you are nothing but a Troll trying to get his/her name on something and try to redirect people to your site."
"I'm not a fan of the orange juice/soy sauce/ginger flavor combination. Chicken was very tender but this one is not for me."