- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown steak and onions in oil. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the cabbage, green peppers and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in peanut butter and sprinkle with cayenne. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for West African Beef Stew
Sort By :
Amazing! This is a keeper. I used yellow squash just because my husband prefers it. My husband and I loved it! Yummy!
This recipe is so tasty it has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy! I really enjoyed it and WILL be making it again!
This was pretty spicey, but good. Needs lots of rice to help with the heat.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >