Well-Seasoned Snack Mix Recipe
Friends and family hint, year after year, that they're looking forward to this well-seasoned snack mix. The sesame snack sticks and shoestring potatoes are fun surprise additions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:60 servings
- 11 cups Cheerios
- 8 cups Crispix
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 6 cups bite-size Shredded Wheat
- 1 package (10 ounces) corn chips
- 1 jar (8 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (7 ounces) sesame snack sticks
- 1 package (7 ounces) shoestring potato sticks
- 1 pound butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add seasonings; stir until dissolved. Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- 2. Place in large greased roasting pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 12 quarts.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 220 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC