- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars; beat in egg. Combine flour, orange peel, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cloves; add to creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Welcome-to-the-Neighborhood Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p54
Reviews for Welcome-to-the-Neighborhood Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2011
These are so yummy! I made them for my brother's graduation party and so many people asked for the recipe.
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
Great recipe. I have made them many times.