- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips and additional sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and peppers; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes, broth, beans, corn, taco seasoning, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in rice and sour cream; heat through. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Weeknight Taco Soup
Sort By :
"This soup was very tasty. Hubby and son loved it. Took it to work for lunch the next day, still yummy. Girls in work asked for recipe. I used chicken broth instead of vegetable. I think next time I will add ground meat."
"YUMMY! This taco soup is the best. I added 4 cups of vegetable broth instead of 3. I did not add the sour cream but rather decided to just serve it on the side along with the cheese. I served it with french baquette bread. Will definitely make it again. Family loved! It's excellent leftover."