Weeknight Pork Chops
Weeknight Pork Chops, sent in by Oceanside, California cook Cheryl Maher, make a speedy but simply scrumptious meal. While the chops sizzle on the stovetop, Cheryl mixes and microwaves mustard, vinegar and strawberry jam into a colorful sauce that she drizzles over her “sweet and yummy” entree.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for
- 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the jam, vinegar and mustard.
- Cover and microwave on high for 20-25 seconds or until heated
- through. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now