Weeknight Pork Chops Recipe
Weeknight Pork Chops, sent in by Oceanside, California cook Cheryl Maher, make a speedy but simply scrumptious meal. While the chops sizzle on the stovetop, Cheryl mixes and microwaves mustard, vinegar and strawberry jam into a colorful sauce that she drizzles over her “sweet and yummy” entree.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the jam, vinegar and mustard. Cover and microwave on high for 20-25 seconds or until heated through. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Pork Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Weeknight Pork Chops(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2012
This was really good. I made it with the seasoned potatoes in the same issue.