Weeknight Pasta Supper Recipe
After a long day, I want something that is healthy but also quick to prepare and this pasta dish fits my needs.Cathy Rau, Newport, Oregon
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 10 ounces lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 5 pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain. Remove meat; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, wine, olives, seasonings and turkey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Stir into turkey mixture. Stir in spinach; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Pasta Supper in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p172
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Weeknight Pasta Supper(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review