- 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 pound smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 pound cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. Add sausage and ham; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until browned and chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in remaining oil until tender. Add chilies and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, water, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and reserved chicken mixture; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Jambalaya in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p21
Reviews for Weeknight Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2010
"Very easy and Yummy! Everyone really liked it. I made it for Super Bowl yesterday, in honor of the New Orleans Saints... and will definately make it again!"