Weeknight Chicken Potpie Recipe
More Quick Recipes »
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tube (11.3 ounces) refrigerated dinner rolls
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in 3/4 cup milk, broth, sage and pepper. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, broccoli and cheese; heat through.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Separate rolls; arrange over chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and rolls are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup chicken mixture with 1 roll equals 326 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 511 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.