- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup garlic bread crumbs
- 1 cup garlic and herb pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken. Top with mozzarella and, if desired, Parmesan cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Weeknight Chicken Mozzarella Sandwiches
"YUM!! My hubby made these, he baked in quite a bit of oil, mimicking fried. Ran through egg wash before bread crumbs and served on garlic toast. Oh Yeah, he may have been a little heavy handed on the cheese, nothing wrong with that. These sammies were ridiculously delicious!!!"
"These were amazing. chicken Parmesan on a bun? It works! We changed this up a little and dipped chicken in egg before coating with breadcrumbs and we fried in a little olive oil instead of baking. I know it's not as healthy, but it just tastes so mych better. I want to make this a regular on our family menu!"
"Delicious meal! I crushed butter and garlic croutons and used them instead of breadcrumbs."
"Delicious! I will make this again. The chicken is great as an entree with a veggie dish as a side."