Ever cut a recipe from a magazine and find you missed part of it? I winged it for a Cordon Bleu my son calls his top choice. —Mary Ann Turk, Joplin, Missouri
Recommended: 30 Chicken Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add green beans and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or just until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews for Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2015
"I made this recipe soon after it was printed in Simple & Delicious! I did not use the mushroom and green bean side. I served it with multi-grain rice and steamed spinach. It's a keeper. So glad you "winged it"!!!"